Lieutenant Colonel Kevin D. Fisher is the Commander, Detachment 1, 56th Operations Group, Tucson, Ariz.
Colonel Fisher was commissioned in 1997 through the ROTC program at the University of Texas, Austin. He graduated from undergraduate pilot training in 1999 and served as a T-37 Instructor Pilot prior to completing F-16 training in 2003. Colonel Fisher’s operational assignments include Director of Operations, Director of Staff, and Inspector General, with duties as an instructor pilot and flight examiner at bases in Air Combat Command, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, and Air Education and Training Command. He has deployed in support of operations Iraqi Freedom, New Dawn, and Enduring Freedom. Colonel Fisher is a command pilot with more than 3,200 flying hours. Prior to his current assignment he was the Director of Operations, 54th Operations Support Squadron, 54th Fighter Group, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, University of Texas, Austin
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Master’s degree in military operational art and science, Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1. February 1998 – October 1998, Assistant Training Officer, 522nd Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
2. October 1998 – October 1999, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. October 1999 – March 2000, Student, T-37 Pilot Instructor Training, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. March 2000 – February 2003, T-37 Instructor Pilot, 84th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
5. February 2003 – May 2003, Student Pilot, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Fighter Training Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. May 2003 – February 2004, F-16 Student, 309th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. March 2004 – December 2006, F-16 Flight Lead and Chief of Scheduling, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
8. December 2006 – November 2009, F-16 Instructor Pilot and Assistant Director of Operations, 62nd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. November 2009 – November 2010, Combat Plans Division MAAP Chief, 609th AOC, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
10. November 2010 – November 2011, F-16 Evaluator Pilot, 56th Operations Group, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. November 2011 – June 2012, F-16 Instructor Pilot, 480th Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
12. June 2012 – September 2014, F-16 Instructor Pilot and Director of Staff, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
14. September 2014 – October 2016, F-16 Evaluator Pilot and Director of Operations, 54th Operations Support Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
15. October 2016 – present, Commander, Detachment 1, 56th Operations Group, Tucson, Ariz.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,200
Aircraft flown: F-16, T-38, and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 19, 1999
First Lieutenant Jan. 19, 2001
Captain Jan. 19, 2003
Major Aug. 1, 2008
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 2013
(Current as of October 2016)