CMSgt Daniel C. Weimer is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke Air Force Base (AFB), Arizona. He leads the wing’s 6,700 total force personnel and serves a critical role on the Command Team as a key strategist, operational advisor, tactical partner, mentor, and advocate for the overall mission of the Air Force’s largest fighter wing to train the greatest fighter pilots in the world and combat ready Airmen. The 56th Fighter Wing includes 4 Groups, 26 squadrons, a $200M budget, a $2.4B economic impact to the local economy, $10B in F-15, F-16, and F35A aircraft, services 102,000 medical beneficiaries, and oversees both the Gila Bend Auxiliary Field and the Barry M. Goldwater Range spanning over 1 million acres.
Chief Weimer entered the Air Force in March of 1993 and began his career as a weapons systems apprentice on AC-130 Gunships in August of 1993. In 1996, he cross trained as an MH-53 helicopter aerial gunner. After two tours in the MH-53, Chief Weimer spent six years as a Combat Aviation Advisor, training foreign militaries in helicopter operations. After a staff tour in the Defense Attaché system, he completed C-130 Loadmaster training. Chief Weimer has deployed in support of Operations ALLIED FORCE, SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING FREEDOM, and FREEDOM’S SENTINEL. Prior to his current assignment, Chief Weimer was the Command Chief, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Kadena Air Base (AB), Okinawa, Japan
2004 NCO Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2005 Associate of Applied Science, Aircraft Armament Systems, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala
2005 Associate of Applied Science, Aviation Operations, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Associate of Science, Liberal Studies, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, by correspondence
2010 USAF SNCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla. (Summa Cum Laude)
2011 Associate of Applied Science, Information Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Professional Manager Certificate, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2015 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, Joint Special Operations University, Tampa, Fla.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business, Washington, D.C.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, by correspondence
2017 Master of Science, Operations Management, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.
2017 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Keenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2019 Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, Project Management Institute, Newtown Square, Pa.
2019 China/N. Korea/Russia Seminar: A Political-Economic Conflict, Alan L. Freed Associates Inc., Washington, D.C.
2019 Summit Course, Joint Special Operations University, Tampa, Fla.
2020 Senior Certified Professional (SCP) Certificate, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Alexandria, Va.
1. March 1993 – May 1993, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. May 1993 – August 1993, Student, Armament Systems Specialist, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. August 1993 – April 1997, AC-130 Armament Systems Specialist, 1st Special Operations Equipment Maintenance Squadron and 16th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
4. April 1997 – April 1998, MH-53J Aerial Gunner, 31st Special Operations Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
5. April 1998 – February 2003, MH-53J/M Aerial Gunner Instructor, 20th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. February 2003 – April 2009, UH-1H/N and MI-17 Aerial Gunner Instructor/Evaluator, PACOM Flight Chief, 6th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
7. April 2009 – August 2009, Student, Joint Military Attaché School, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
8. August 2009 – October 2012, Operations NCO, Defense Attaché Office, U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines
9. October 2012 – November 2014, Loadmaster Superintendent, 53d Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10. November 2014 – May 2016, Superintendent, 36th Mobility Response Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
11. May 2016 – Jan 2017, Superintendent, Group Stan/Eval, 1st Special Operations Group, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
12. February 2017 – June 2018, Superintendent, 1st Special Operations Group, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
13. June 2018 – August 2020, Command Chief, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. September 2020 – Present, Command Chief, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
Rating: Chief Enlisted Aircrew
Flight Hours: More than 2,850 hours
Aircraft Flown: MH-53A/J/M, UH-1H/N, Bell 412, MI-8/17 and C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross w/Valor
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Navy Achievement Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
2001 20th Special Operations Squadron Aerial Gunner of the Year
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Non-Commisioned Officer Academy
2008 AFSOC Aerial Gunner of the Year
2011 Defense Intelligence Agency-level Lance P. Sijan award
2014 19th Operations Group Lance P. Sijan award
2015 Honor Graduate, Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class March 26, 1993
Senior Airman Jan. 26, 1995
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 1997
Technical Sergeant June 1, 2002
Master Sergeant Feb. 1, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant June 1, 2012
Chief Master Sergeant April 1, 2016
(Current as of September 2020)