Lt. Col. Tonya Y. Mack is the Commander, 56th Force Support Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz. She commands one of the most diverse squadrons on the installation, providing "cradle to grave" support for 93,000 military, civilian, retirees, and family members to include manpower and personnel, force development, community and sustainment services, and airman and family readiness.
Colonel Mack was commissioned in 2000 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Nebraska, Omaha. She has served as a flight commander and section commander at base level, and as a staff officer at the Personnel Center, Third Air Force, and the Joint Staff levels. Prior to her current assignment she was assigned to the Joint Staff, Manpower and Personnel Directorate, at the Pentagon, Washington D.C., as the Deputy Branch Chief, Joint Officer Management. She was responsible for developing strategies to shape and inform DoD's decisions to develop a cadre of inherently joint qualified officers and ensuring the department complied with Joint Officer Management provisions.
1998 Associate of Science degree in information management, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Bachelor of General Studies degree in sociology, University of Nebraska at Omaha
2001 Distinguished graduate, Basic Personnel Officer Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2003 Master's degree in human resource management, Troy State University
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2013 Master's degree in military operations and art, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. September 2000 - September 2001, Section Commander, 46th Maintenance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. September 2001 - August 2002, Executive Officer, 46th Logistics Group, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. August 2002 - September 2003, Section Commander, 96th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. September 2003 - June 2005, Executive Support Protocol Officer, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
5. June 2005 - July 2006, Chief, Relocations and Employments, 1st Mission Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. July 2006 - January 2008, Chief, Integration Support Section, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. January 2008 - May 2010, Recorder, Selection Board Secretariat, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. May 2010 - August 2012, Chief, Commander's Action Group, Third Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. August 2012 - June 2013, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 2013 - June 2015, Deputy Branch Chief, Joint Officer Management, J-1, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2015 - present, Commander, 56th Force Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
2009 Air Force Personnel Manager of the Year
2009 Air Force Personnel Center Personnel Manager of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 26, 2000
First Lieutenant Aug. 26, 2002
Captain Aug. 26, 2004
Major Aug. 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel Nov. 1, 2015
(Current as of November 2015)