Lt. Col. Gregory C. Mayer is the Commander, 56th Civil Engineer Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
Colonel Mayer was commissioned through ROTC in 1999 upon graduation from Texas A&M University, and he is a licensed professional engineer in the State of Ohio. He has served in a variety of base-level and major command assignments and has deployed to Iraq, Kuwait, and Oman in support of major operations. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Eastern Europe Branch Chief, International Affairs-Europe/Africa Division, Plans, Programs, and Analyses Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Force in Europe, where he led the planning and execution of security cooperation activities and advised the commander and senior staff on key political-military matters for 26 nations in the European Command area of responsibility.
1999 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station
2004 Master of Science degree in engineering and environmental management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2013 Master of Arts degree in national security studies, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
1. February 2000 - July 2002, Chief, Programs Division, and Chief, Maintenance Engineering, 375th Civil Engineer Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
2. August 2002 - March 2004, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. April 2004 - March 2005, Chief, Quality Assurance, 13th Space Warning Squadron, Clear Air Station, Alaska
4. April 2005 - July 2008, Chief, SABER; Readiness Flight Commander; and Operations Flight Commander, 3rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
5. August 2008 - April 2009, Program Manager, Directorate of Communications, Installations and Mission Support, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. May 2009 - November 2011, Deputy Chief, Commanders Action Group; Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations; and Commander, Operations Support, Office of the Chief of Staff,AFMC Headquarters Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. December 2011 - March 2013, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
8. April 2013 - June 2015, Political-Military Affairs Strategist and Chief, Eastern Europe Branch, Plans, Programs, and Analyses Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
9. June 2015 - present, Commander, 56th Civil Engineer Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 16, 2000
First Lieutenant Jan. 16, 2002
Captain Jan. 16, 2004
Major Oct. 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 2015
(Current as of June 2015)