Lt. Col. Jerald M. Canny is the Commander, 607th Air Control Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz. As the commander of the Air Force's only formal training unit for control and reporting centers, he is responsible for developing policy and directing the training of command and control specialists for the Combat Air Force. He oversees training development, strategy, plans, and continuation training for the modular control system equipped unit using equipment valued at more than $110 million. Colonel Canny leads more than 175 operations and maintenance personnel and oversees the training of over 300 students per year.
Colonel Canny was commissioned through the Reserve Officer Training Program as a 2000 graduate from Excelsior College. He is a Senior Air Battle Manager with more than 2,100 hours in the E-3B/C/G. He has participated in several contingency and combat operations to include operations Southern Watch, Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Unified Protector and Martillo. Prior to assuming command, he was the 607th Air Control Squadron Director of Operations.
2000 Bachelor of Science degree, Excelsior College, N.Y.
2003 Master of Business Administration degree, South Eastern Oklahoma State University
2005 USAF Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2006 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1. February 2000 - February 2001, Student, Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training, 325th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2. March 2001 - September 2004, E-3 Instructor Air Weapons Officer; Deputy Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. October 2004 - June 2005, Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Instructor; Evaluator and Flight Commander, 325th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. July 2005 - December 2005, Student, USAF Weapons School, 8th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. January 2006 - September 2007, Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Instructor/Evaluator; Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 325th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. October 2007 - August 2010, Air Battle Manager Instructor/Evaluator; Flight Commander; Assistant Operations Officer, USAF Weapons School, 8th Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. September 2010 - July 2011, Chief, Group Tactics and Employment Division, 552nd Operational Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. August 2011 - October 2012, Assistant Operations Officer, 965th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. November 2012 - July 2013, Director of Operations, 965th Expeditionary Airborne Air Control Squadron, Forward Operating Location Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
10. July 2013 - July 2015, Director of Operations, 607th Air Control Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
11. July 2015 - present, Commander, 607th Air Control Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
Rating: Senior Air Battle Manager
Flight hours: Over 2,100, including more than 1,000 combat hours
Aircraft flown: E-3B/C/G
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 22, 2000
First Lieutenant Jan. 22, 2002
Captain Jan. 22, 2004
Major Oct. 1, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2015
(Current as of July 2015)