Maj. Kenneth B. Beebe III is the Commander, 54th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 54th Fighter Group, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M. He is responsible for 500 Airmen and 56 assigned F-16 aircraft worth $1.4B. He controls and executes a $250K budget to procure aircraft spares, tools, and test equipment in support of a 10,000 sortie/14,000 flying hour program.
Major Beebe enlisted in 1990 as an F-16 aircraft maintenance technician and was initially assigned to MacDill AFB, Fla. Following various assignments as a crew chief and instructor, he received his commission in 2002 through Officer Training School at Maxwell AFB, Ala., and has served as an aircraft maintenance officer on C-5, HC-130, and A-10 aircraft. He has held numerous flight line and backshop maintenance positions and served as a weapons system manager at the Air National Guard Readiness Center, Andrews AFB, Md. His staff assisnments include Deputy Course Director for Airpower Studies at the Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. Prior to his current assignment, he commanded the 54th Maintenance Squadron.
1998 Associate degree in aircraft maintenance technology, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Associate degree in instructor of technology and military science, CCAF
2001 Associate degree in business administration, Wayland Baptist University
2001 Bachelor's degree in business administration, Wayland Baptist University
2010 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2014 Master's degree in business administration, Wayland Baptist University
1. March 1990 - April 1990, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1990 - June 1990, Student, Aircraft Systems Maintenance Technician Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. July 1990 - December 1992, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, 63rd Fighter Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
4. January 1993 - January 1994, Aircraft Phased Inspection Journeyman, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea
5. January 1994 - April 1999, F-16 Maintenance Instructor, 347th Operations Support Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
6. April 1999 - August 2002, F-16 Mission Ready Airman Instructor, Sheppard AFB, Texas
7. August 2002 - November 2002, Student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. November 2002 - January 2003, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
9. February 2003 - February 2006, Flight Commander, 436th Maintenance Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
10. February 2006 - February 2009, Weapons System Manager, ANG Readiness Center, Andrews AFB, Md.
11. February 2009 - March 2010, AMU OIC, 563rd Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
12. March 2010 - May 2011, AMU OIC, 355th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
13. May 2011 - August 2011, Maintenance Operations Officer, 355th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
14. August 2011 - August 2013, Maintenance Operations Officer, 355th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
15. September 2013 - March 2015, Associate Professor and Deputy Course Director, Airpower Studies, Department of Leadership and Strategy, Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. April 2015 - April 2016, Commander, 54th Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
17. April 2016 - present, Commander, 54th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Iraq Campaign Medal with service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Short with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 8, 2002
First Lieutenant Nov. 8, 2004
Captain Nov. 8, 2006
Major Nov. 1, 2012
(Current as of April 2016)