Lt. Col. Andrew C. Caggiano is the Commander, 314th Fighter Squadron, 54th Fighter Group, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M.. He leads over 30 active-duty and Reserve Airmen in Holloman's newest fighter squadron. The mission of the 314th Fighter Squadron is to train the world's greatest F-16 fighter pilots. The squadron graduates over 40 initial training and requalification training F-16 pilots annually to meet the requirements of the combat air forces.
Colonel Caggiano graduated with military distinction from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1997, and he earned his pilot wings at Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training in 1999 at Sheppard AFB, Texas. He is a command pilot with over 1,850 hours in the F-16 and has flown the F-16 operationally in Air Combat Command and U.S. Air Forces in Europe, including missions flown in support of Operation Noble Eagle. The colonel was a previous F-16 FTU instructor at Luke AFB, and he is evaluator pilot-qualified in the specialized missions of Forward Air Controller-Airborne and Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses. Additionally, Colonel Caggiano served as Director of the Combined US/ROKAF Air SupportOperations Center at Osan Air Base, South Korea, and was the lead air component planner for Operation Enduring Freedom and other contingency operations in the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Director of Operations for the 79th Fighter Squadron at Shaw AFB, S.C.
1997 Bachelor of Science degree in management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Business Administration and Management degree, Trident University International
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Master of Military Art and Science degree, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2011 Master of Military Art and Science degree, U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence
1. July 1997 - April 1998, Flight Scheduler, 91st Air Refueling Squadron, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2. May 1998 - September 1999, Student, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. October 1999 - July 2000, Pilot, F-16 Initial Qualification Training, 61st Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. July 2000 - March 2003, F-16 Mission Commander, Scheduler, and Assistant Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
5. March 2003 - May 2006, F-16 Instructor Pilot, Assistant Weapons Officer, Flight Commander, and Assistant Director of Operations, 310th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. May 2006 - May 2007, Assistant Director of Operations and Air Support Operations Center Director, 607th Air Support Operations Group, Osan Air Base, South Korea
7. August 2007 - December 2009, F-16 Evaluator Pilot and Assistant Director of Operations, 510th Fighter Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
8. January 2010 - December 2010, Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff School, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
9. January 2011 - December 2011, Student, U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
10. January 2012 - June 2013, Chief of Operational Plans, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Shaw AFB , S.C.
11. July 2013 - July 2015, F-16 Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Wing Safety, and Director of Operations, 79th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
12. July 2015 - present, Commander, 314th Fighter Squadron, 54th Fighter Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: 2,100
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, and F-16
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korea Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1997
First Lieutenant May 28, 1999
Captain May 28, 2001
Major Dec. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2012
(Current as of July 2015)