Maj. Stuart R. Menn is the Commander, 54th Maintenance Squadron, 54th Fighter Group, 56th Fighter Wing, Holloman Air Force Base, N.M. He is responsible for 180 Airmen performing intermediate level and flight line level maintenance on 56 assigned F-16 aircraft worth $1.54B. The 54th Maintenance Squadron accomplishes specialized maintenance of F-16 components, systems and support equipment, including avionics, pneudraulics, electrical-environmental, egress, fuel systems, armament systems, and aerospace ground equipment, supporting a 10,000 sortie, 14,000 hour flying program.
Major Menn was born in San Antonio, Texas. He graduated from Texas State University in 2001 and was commissioned through Officer Training School. The major started his career at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, assigned to the B-2 Program Office where he served as a Low Observables Program Manager and Executive Officer. He was one of nine individuals competitively selected for the Acquisition and Logistics Experience Exchange Tour and moved to Nellis AFB, Nev., to serve as the Maintenance OIC of the 763rd Maintenance Squadron and Strike AMU. While there, he deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom as the Maintenance OIC of the 64th Expeditionary Helicopter Maintenance Squadron. He then served at Eglin AFB, Fla., as the Program Manager for the HARM Targeting System; Chief, USSOCOM Combat Acquisition Detachment 1; and Chief, Lethal Suppression/Destruction of Enemy Air Defenses Branch. Prior to his current assignment, he was a Program Element Monitor for a $4B Air Force Cyber Enterprise Investment Portfolio and Executive Officer for the Information Dominance Directorate, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2001 Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, Texas State University
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (Chief of Staff Flight Award)
2010 Master of Science degree in organization and management (leadership), Capella University
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2015 Master Certification in Project Management, Villanova University
1. April 2002 – July 2003, Financial Manager, B-2 System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. July 2003 – February 2004, Integrations Manager, B-2 Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. February 2004 – April 2005, Program Manager, Low Observable Branch, B-2 Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. April 2005 – May 2006, Executive Officer, B-2 Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. May 2006 – September 2006, Student, Aircraft Maintenance/Munitions Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. September 2006 – October 2008, Officer-in-Charge, Helicopter Maintenance Unit, 763rd Maintenance Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev. (September 2007 – March 2008, OIC, 64th Expeditionary Helicopter Maintenance Squadron, Balad Air Base, Iraq)
7. October 2008 – April 2010, OIC, Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Strike AMU, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. April 2010 – April 2011, Program Manager, HARM Targeting System, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. April 2011 – May 2013, Chief, Combat Acquisition Detachment 1, U.S. Special Operations Command, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. May 2013 – April 2014, Chief, Lethal SEAD/DEAD Branch, Eglin AFB, Fla.
11. April 2014 – June 2015, Program Element Monitor, Cyber Weapons and Infrastructure, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2015 – April 2016, Executive Officer, Information Dominance Directorate (SAF/AQI), the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. April 2016 – present, Commander, 54th Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
2004 John J. Welch, Jr. Excellence in Acquisition Leadership Award (Air Force-Level)
2006 Arthur S. Flemming Leadership Award (Air Force Materiel Command-Level)
2007 Chief of Staff Flight Award, Squadron Officer School
2012 Arthur S. Flemming Leadership Award (Air Force-Level)
EFFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 5, 2002
First Lieutenant April 5, 2004
Captain April 5, 2006
Major Feb. 1, 2012
(Current as of April 2016)