Lt. Col. (Dr.) Brancato is the Commander, 56th Dental Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz. The 56th Dental Squadron provides comprehensive dental care to approximately 6,500 active-duty personnel assigned and additional DoD beneficiaries at Luke AFB. She is responsible for the management, administration, and operation of a 21 treatment room dental service comprised of six dental officers, 20 enlisted technicians, 14 civilian workers, and a budget/equipment of $1.3 million. She advises the 56th Medical Group Commander on all professional matters related to the base dental service.
Colonel Brancato entered the Air Force August 2003 and was commissioned by direct appointment. She is a 1993 graduate of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Since entering the Air Force, she has been assigned to several dental operational positions. Prior to her current position, she was the Dental Flight Commander at Columbus AFB, Miss.
1989 Bachelor of Arts Degree in biology, Rutgers University, Newark, N.J.
1993 Doctor of Dental Medicine degree, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, N.J.
2003 Commissioned Officer Training, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Advanced Education in General Dentistry B-Program, Barksdale AFB, La.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, San Antonio, Texas
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
1. September 2003 - April 2007, General Dentist, 66th Medical Operations Squadron, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. June 2007- June 2008, Resident, Advanced Education in General Dentistry B-Program, 2nd Dental Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. July 2008 - July 2012, Advanced Clinical Dentist, 325th Aerospace Medicine Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. July 2012 – June 2016, Dental Flight Commander, 14th Medical Operations Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
5. June 2016 – present, Commander, 56th Dental Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
American Dental Association/Federal Dental Services
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Captain July 29, 2003
Major Feb. 5, 2009
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 5, 2015