Maj. Jeffrey R. Kaepp is the Commander, 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
Major Kaepp enlisted in the Air Force in 1994 as an F-15 crew chief. He earned his commission through Officer Training School following a successful eight-year enlisted career. He has held a variety of maintenance and logistics positions in Air Education and Training Command, Air Combat Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, Air Force Materiel Command, and U.S. Air Forces in Europe. He also served in U.S. Central Command as a maintenance advisor to the Royal Saudi Air Force assigned to King Khalid Air Base, Saudi Arabia. His aircraft maintenance background includes various weapons systems such as F-15C/D, F-15E, F-16C/D, T-38A/B/C, AC-130U, C-17, B-52, B-1B, B-2A, and KC-135 aircraft. He has deployed in support of operations Southern Watch, Joint Guard, and Enduring Freedom.
2002 Bachelor of Science degree in professional aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2003 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Aeronautical Science degree, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Master of Military Operational Arts and Science degree, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. October 1994 - December 1998, F-15C Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2. January 1999 - September 2002, F-15C Dedicated Crew Chief, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. October 2002 - July 2003, Assistant Maintenance Officer, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
4. July 2003 - May 2004, Maintenance Flight Commander, 388th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
5. May 2004 - December 2005, Fabrication Flight Commander, 388th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
6. December 2005 - December 2007, Deputy Chief of Logistics, 688th ACSS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. December 2007 - August 2010, Officer-in-Charge, 4th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 1st Special Operations Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. August 2010 - June 2011, Maintenance Operations Officer, 912th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
9. June 2011 - July 2012, Maintenance Operations Officer, 412th Maintenance Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
10. July 2012 - July 2013, Maintenance Advisor to Royal Saudi Air Force, King-Khalid Air Base, Saudi Arabia
11. July 2013 - May 2014, Maintenance Operations Officer, 48th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England
12. May 2014 - July 2015, Maintenance Operations Officer, 48th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
13. August 2015 - June 2016, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. July 2016 - present, Commander, 56th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device and four oak leaf clusters
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal
NATO Medal with service star
2005 Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award, 388th Fighter Wing
2009 Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Award, Air Force Special Operations Command
2015 Gen. Lew Allen Award, 48th Fighter Wing
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 27, 2002
First Lieutenant Sept. 27, 2004
Captain Sept. 27, 2006
Major Oct. 1, 2012