Please monitor our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Luke56thFW/) for up-to-date information.
A DoD stop movement order has been issued for all DoD personnel. The stop movement applies to all forms of official travel, such as permanent change of station, temporary duty and government-funded leave for uniformed and civilian personnel and includes personal leave and other non-official travel for uniformed personnel. This is effective March 16 through May 11, 2020.
A stop movement is ordered for all international travel for Airmen and their sponsored family members not under the responsibility of a U.S. Chief of Mission for all forms of official travel and movements associated with permanent change of station, temporary duty, government-funded leave, service member personal leave, and all Contingency Deployments. This is effective March 25 through May 24, 2020 (or otherwise ordered).
Effective March 16, 2020, military personnel are not authorized to take personal leave outside of the local area. For Luke AFB, the local travel area is defined as 100 miles from the center of Luke AFB. Members needing to travel outside of this area except for medical reasons should consult their leadership. All civilian employees and dependents are encouraged to follow this guidance.
Individuals concerned about COVID-19 who are experiencing a fever of >100.4, cough, or shortness of breath are asked to call Central Appointments at 623-856-2273. If after duty hours, you may contact the Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-874-2273.
The 56th Medical Group will book a same day virtual appointment to be triaged. Patients will not be tested for COVID-19 until they have been triaged by our healthcare professionals.
Pharmacy: Satellite Pharmacy available for drive thru only from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For the latest medical-related information updates to COVID-19 specific to Luke Air Force Base, follow the 56th Medical Group Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Luke56MDG/.
Luke AFB Central Appointment Line:
Nurse Advice Line:
What the U.S. Govt is Doing
AZ Dept of Health Services
Maricopa County COVID-19
Luke AFB COVID-19
- Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Sundays 9 a.m. to 6 p.m..
- Until further notice, the Commissary has designated 9 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays specifically for active-duty military, spouses of deployed service members, and families enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program.
- Early Bird hours for retirees has been stopped indefinitely
- A 100% ID check system is in place. ID cardholders who have current authorization to use the Commissary are authorized access. Pre-approved caregivers will also be allowed to accompany cardholder’s with approved documentation.
- Expect to be limited to one pack of toilet tissues, paper products, and cleaning products as well as some meats. This limit may extend to other products like large bags of rice, hand sanitizer, toilet/baby wipes and cases of water in the coming days.
- Base Exchange:
- Main store hours of operation: Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.
- BX has designated 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays specifically for active-duty military, spouses of deployed service members, and families enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member program.
- BX Beauty Shop, 623-533-3895: Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Hours starting Saturday, March 28)
- BX Barber Shop, 623-249-6789: Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Hours starting Saturday, March 28)
- See “Food Services” tab for hours of operations for dining options
The Shoppette is open normal operating hours.
Monday to Thursday 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fridays, 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Sundays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Firestone: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday, closed Sunday.
- Patriots Outfitters: Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed Sunday
- GNC: Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- H&R Block: Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Computer Repair: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday
- PVG Medical Supply: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday
- Optical: Closed
- Optometry: Closed
- Wireless Advocates: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- LDCA: Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed Saturday and Sunday
- Captain Book: Monday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., closed Sunday
Personnel with base access are still able to access the base but may experience delays.
- North Gate and Lightning Gate are closed until further notice.
- South Gate, Kachina Gate and Ocotillo Gate remain open for normal operating hours.
- All gates have No-Touch ID review, but 56 SFS reserves the right to handle IDs as necessary.
- All services/programs consisting of 10+ people meeting at one time (i.e. Sunday worship services, fellowship gatherings and religious education) are canceled through Sunday, 12 April due to COVID-19 concerns, and to mitigate health risks to attendees.
Weekend worship services (Catholic/Protestant) are moving to an online format with details listed below.
Catholic Worship Service: Sundays @ 0830
- Online Access via Facebook: “Luke Catholic Community”
- Online Access via Youtube Channel: “Luke AFB Chapel HC” or enter this url: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCpWpogCtI1bb8Mk-3YjaBsg
Protestant Worship Services:
- Online Access via Youtube Channel: “Luke AFB Chapel HC” or enter this url:
Sundays, Traditional @ 0900
Sundays, Contemporary/Gospel @ 1030
Child Development Center (CDC) and Youth Center: Closed as a result of the governor’s suspension of Arizona schools. Airmen are asked to work with their squadron commanders to determine alternative solutions.
The main Bryant Fitness Center is open for military personnel only from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The east side annex gym is closed until further notice.
All fitness assessment testing is suspended until June 2020.
The FOIA Office is closed until further notice.
All “Organized Events” that typically draw a crowd will be suspended. This includes ALS, PME, FTAC, etc. All WAPS testing is also suspended.
- All FSS Classes
- All ALS Classes
- Arts & Crafts Center
- Auto Hobby Shop: Closed, (Car wash is open, Auto Dr. is open by appointment only)
- Child Development Center (CDC) and Youth Center: Closed as a result of the governor’s suspension of Arizona schools. Airmen are asked to work with their squadron commanders to determine alternative solutions.
- Fitness Assessment testing suspended until June 2020
- Fort Tuthill
- Golf Course
- Information, Tickets & Tours
- Outdoor Rec
- Post Office
OPEN (Reduced Manning)
- Education Office: Limited services available via phone or email
- Human Resources Office/Civilian Personnel Office: Limited services available
- Military Personnel Section: The DEERS/ID section section is open with limited services from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. At this time, they are unable to provide dependent IDs due to a DoD shortage. For all other customer support requirements, they are by appointment only and are restricted to 10 people or less in the waiting area. Sign up at: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/(X(1)S(hzznydxgpyylpo4cwmdlame3))/appointment/building.aspx?BuildingID=348&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=l).
- Professional Development Center (FTAC and all other classes suspended)
OPEN NORMAL HOURS (all organized activities cancelled):
- Airman & Family Readiness Center: Limited services available between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call first.
- Air Force Aid Assistance: 623-856-8163
- Casualty Assistance/Survivor Benefits: 623-856-7834
- Family Life Counselor: 623-759-0094
- Transition Assistance: 623-856-6550
- Community Commons Barber Shop: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Honor Guard
- Lodging: No Space-A rooms are available
- Mortuary Affairs
Veterinary services are limited to military working dogs only. All others need to visit off-base veterinarians.